ETAP 623 Spring 2011
- 1 Class Homepage for the Design Project
- 2 General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
- 3 Announcement
- 4 ETAP 623 Spring 2011 Class Members
- 5 Evaluation criteria
- 6 Mini-Courses Created by Previous Classes
Class Homepage for the Design Project
ETAP 623 class members, please bookmark this page so you can come back to this page easily from your bookmark when you get lost.
The ID Processes
- The design project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each component in this course; the processes need to be documented in your portfolio, such as these two: Colleen_B.'s_portfolio_page and Melissa_Filotas'_Portfolio_Page
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 Spring 2011 Design Project Agenda
- Through these processes you will produce a mini-course as your end product, such as Data analysis for differentiated instruction; or an instructional case report such as: Problem Based Curriculum Development - A Case Study
- This end product will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
Please see General Suggestions and Feedback
If you are trying to find useful videos (e.g., classroom episodes, educational videos) that can be embedded in your mini-course, you may find this site helpful: http://www.watchknow.org/
- The research IT group at UAlbany, who is hosting our KNILT Wiki, is planning an infrastructure upgrade on Monday April 18th, the 1st day of spring break. Our wiki space will NOT be accessible between 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Several of you indicated the need for more friendly wiki editing tools. I've now made an important upgrade to the KNILT wiki space to provide an expanded tool bar with more editing tools. After logging in using a support browser (e.g. Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome), you will see a new icon on the upright corner. You can access the expended tool bar by clicking this new icon when you edit a wiki page, or disable this tool bar by re-clicking the icon.
- I've set up a few small-groups based on project topics. In a couple weeks we will conduct developmental try-out of draft lesson units with members in each group testing and commenting on anther's design.
- NEW!!! (MAY 4, 2011) I'VE REVIEWED THE MINI-COURSES/INSTRUCTIONAL CASE REPORTS YOU'VE DRAFTED AND POSTED MY COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS. I'M OVERALL SATISFIED WITH THE QUALITY, BUT DO FIND THE NEED OF SUBSTANTIAL REFINEMENTS ESPECIALLY RELATED TO COHERENT INSTRUCTIONAL SEQUENCING AND LEARNER ENGAGEMENT AND INTERACTION FOR DEEP UNDERSTANDING. PLEASE SEE MY PERSONAL COMMENTS AS WELL AS General Suggestions and Feedback #Common Issues
ETAP 623 Spring 2011 Class Members
Please add your name below and link your name to your personal user page. To encourage peer review and feedback, and specifically to prepare for our "developmental try-out," we have now set up small groups based on the content you're addressing.
Jianwei Zhang Instructor, ETAP assistant professor.
Kaitlyn King: ETAP Student Problematic Mathematics: PBL designed for the math classroom (Instructor commented on your draft unit, 4/30)
Steph Conklin ETAP Student, Math teacher, An Instructional Case on Project-based Learning in a 10th Grade Special Education Mathematics Classroom Steph Conklin's Portfolio Page (Instructor commented on your Day 1 lesson, 4/30)
Language and literacy
George Ryon, a CDIT Student, prepared George Ryon's Portfolio in order to design the mini-course Digital mobile devices as a teaching tool for phonological awareness.(Instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/2)
Health and Science
Kimberly Barss CDIT student, Biology and Anatomy and Physiology teacher Kimberly Barss: Portfolio Page Mini-course: Preparing Students for Success in Biochemistry and Chemical Bonding. (Instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/3, in email)
Susan Fenstermacher ETAP Student Design Project: Theme Project - Native American Indians (Instructor commented on your draft lessons, 5/3)
Lawrence Moultrie CDIT STUDENT Design Project Theme: Using Project Based Learning to Teach The United States Constitution (An Instructional Case) (Instructor commented on your draft lessons, 5/3)
Faculty Development (higher ed)
Michael Lucatorto: CDIT student Michael Lucatorto's Portfolio Page Mini-course: Instant Screencasting: Quick and Basic Screen Capture for Online and Hybrid Instruction(Instructor commented on your draft lessons, 5/3)
Francia Reed student ETAP From Teacher-Centered to Learner-Centered, A Faculty Mini-course (Instructor commented on your draft lessons, 5/3)
Matthew Fay CDIT Student
Design Project: Using Real World Data to Teach Statistics and Probability (Instructor commented on your portfolio, 5/3)
April Taylor CDIT student - Design Project Incorporating Problem Based Learning Using the Scientific Method (Instructor commented on your project, 5/4)