Guided Reading Mini-Course
Welcome to Guided Reading!
This course will illustrate the importance of guided reading as an instructional method to develop early literacy.
Additionally, through this course you will learn how to develop a guided reading lesson.
For each unit, you will focus on key essential questions to guide your learning:
- What is guided reading ?
- What are the key components to planning a guided reading lesson?
- How can you create a guided reading lesson?
Ultimately, by the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define guided reading
- Grasp the importance of guided reading in an elementary classroom
- Analyze a guided reading lessonCreate a guided reading lesson
This course will be split into two units. The learning objectives for the two units are as follows:
- Learners will define guided reading based on their own prior experiences.
- Learners will name three benefits of guided reading instruction.
- Learners will analyze guided reading lessons and list at least 3 key components of guided reading instruction.
- Learners will create their own guided reading lesson.
- Learners will redefine guided reading instruction based on newly acquired knowledge.
Before you begin the course, you will be asked to complete a pre-assessment so as to gather what you already know about guided reading.
'Throughout the course, you will be required to use google drive to complete tasks.
'Unit One: Understanding Guided Reading