ETAP 623 Fall 2011
- 1 Class Homepage for the Design Project
- 2 General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
- 3 Announcement
- 4 ETAP 623 Fall 2011 Class Members
Class Homepage for the Design Project
A fun cartoon: Innovation is more than popular words.
The ID Processes
- The design project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each component in this course; the processes need to be documented in your portfolio, such as these two: Colleen_B.'s_portfolio_page and Melissa_Filotas'_Portfolio_Page
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 Fall 2011 Design Project Agenda
As your end product, you will produce
- A mini-course for teacher learning, such as Data analysis for differentiated instruction, with teachers as your target learner/audience; OR
- An instructional case report such as: Problem Based Curriculum Development - A Case Study, providing/implementing a set of lessons for students to learn about a core topic. Other teachers will also be able to benefit from analyzing your lessons, as an instructional case, to understand the teaching approach, tool, or assessment that have applied.
- This end product will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
Please see General Suggestions and Feedback
If you are trying to find useful videos (e.g., classroom episodes, educational videos) that can be embedded in your mini-course, you may find this site helpful: http://www.watchknow.org/
I've reviewed the portfolio pages (with substantial work documented) and posted my comments in the discussion area/tab of your page ("discussion" on top)--Jianwei 10/17.
A new tip re. how to add an image from the Internet to a wiki page: find an image online, right click on the image and copy its address, go to your page and paste the address into <img>address</img> (no space). Save, and this image will then be embedded into your page.
ETAP 623 Fall 2011 Class Members
Please add your name below and link your name to your personal user page. To encourage peer review and feedback, and specifically to prepare for our "developmental try-out," I've set up a few small groups based on the content you're addressing.
Jianwei Zhang Instructor, ETAP associate professor.
Online/blended learning group
Suzanne Hayes : Developing Learning Communities Through Blended Learning Activities(Instructor commented on your course in the discussion tab of your course page, 11/28)
Information Literacy/ college/ Job readiness
Science & Social Studies
Anna Maria Wing : Writing Instruction using Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (Instructor commented on your course in the discussion tab of your course front page, 11/29)
Mengxin Song: Interesting Chinese Characters: A Big Picture of Chinese Writing System(Instructor commented on your course in the discussion tab of your course front page, 11/29)
Arayoan Tylec: Integrating Digital Storytelling in the Foreign Language Classroom (Instructor comments on your project, in the discussion tab of your portfolio, 11/30)
Math learning 1
Math learning 2
Victoria Keller Word Problems in Mathematics: Teaching/Student Strategies to Comprehend Word Problems (Instructor commented on your objectives/task analysis, 11/13)