Effective Use of Blogging in Health Education
Mini Course Topic: Educational Blogging For Health Educators
Why Should Health Educators Blog?
- Blogging builds a community.
- Blogging is a way to be able to communicate with parents, students, and your schools community.
- Blogging can be a tool for teachers to reflect.
- Blogging is an easy way to bring technology into your classroom.
- Blogging is a way to share what happens in your classroom.
- Blogging can be a tool to get the whole community healthy.
- Blogging can be used to give the community Healthy Recipes.
- Blogging can inform the community about physical activities offered in your area.
What Is A Blog?
- Blogs are alternatively called web logs or weblogs.
- A Blog is an online journal.
- A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic.
Educational Use For Blogging
- A way to communicate with the community
- Students can have their own blogs for learning
- A way to show the outside world what goes on in your classroom
By the end of this course, you should be able to
- Define what a Blog is.
- Identify the benefits of a blog and how it is useful in Health Education.
- Identify the challenges of blogging.
- Identify misconceptions of blogging.
- Give examples showing how to use a Blog for Health Class.
Needs Assessment/Learner Analysis
This Survey is for current teachers.
At the end of this lesson, Students will be able to:
* Create an Educational Blog for their classroom focusing on Health Education. * Learn about the pros and cons of blogging. * Learn how to write an effective and popular blog for your classroom. * Teachers will Learn an effective way to communicate with the school community. * Teachers will learn how blogging can be used as a tool in the classroom.