User:Kasey Van kleeck
E-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about my page. Thanks!
A. I am proposing to get teachers to become more familiar with the inquiry based learning approach to learning and incorporating the WISE system, help them develop an understanding of how to use it within there classrooms, and the attitude to want to use it within their classroom.
Many of my learners will be current teachers particularly involved with middle and high school Science Curriculum. They will be from 20-70 years old m/f. Many will be self-motivated.
- Inquiry based learning research:
- Wiki Definition of Inquiry Based Learning -Inquiry Based Learning - Inquiry Based Learning (Constructivist thought and 5 E's of Inquiry - Research and sites related to Inquiry Based Learning - More on Inquiry Based Learning
- Some may not have computer access within their classrooms to initiate it within their classroom
- WISE site
- Reviews of the WISE site:
- Web sites and research articles related to web based learning environments
- Lehigh University materials on Web based inquiry developed by Dr. Alec M. Bodzin and Dr. Ward Mitchell Cates - Dr. Alec M. Bodzin Website at Lehigh University
- Contact with creators of WISE and current or past users
- Learners will be able to explain what inquiry based approach to learning is and list benefits of inquiry based learning.
- learners will be able to compare and contrast inquiry based approaches vs. their current teaching approach within their classroom.
- Learners will visits sites on the internet and identify if they are inquiry based approaches or not.
- By visiting the WIKI site and reading other information, learners will be able to identify WISE as one inquiry based approach specifically related to science, what WISE stands for and list reasons why it is an effective learning environment.
- Learners will be able to discriminate between using WISE to teach a certain science topic and not using wise to use WISE to teach the same topic.
- Learners will be able to identify at least 3 ways that WISE will increase their students science abilities on the web.
- Learners will be able to choose to use WISE within their classroom.
- Learners will be able to generate in writing an outline of two ways they will incorporate WISE within their classroom.