Unit 2-For Students: Lesson 1
In your student guide, reflect on the following:
What are your initial thoughts about “group work”?
Does the work fall on just a few of the members?
Are there lots of conflicts when working a group?
- It becomes very important when working in a group to be proactive and know how to solve conflicts in a positive manner.
Lesson 1 Objective
By the end of this lesson, you will be able to demonstrate group problem-solving skills by:
- Adopting strategies for managing disagreements and conflicts
- Discriminating between facts, evidence, and opinion
- Generating purpose for the group
- Generates reasonable group goal(s)
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of the group
You can also navigate through the lesson here:
Lesson 1- Reflection
In the provided section of your student guide, reflect on what you’ve learned about yourself as a group member. What is going to be difficult? What do you feel most confident doing as a part of a group?
Move on to Unit 2-For Students: Lesson 2 or return to Developing Student Skills for the Constructivist Classroom