Unit 1: Periods and other end stops
The period, question mark, and exclamation mark are the Three Musketeers of punctuation: all for one and one for all. Here's why
- They are all end marks; that is, they are used at the end of a sentence.
- All three marks of punctuation have the same function: to indicate a full stop.
- They all show the end of a complete thought.
- They can all prevent run-on sentences
by the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- Identify the many uses of the period.
- use question mark at the end of interrogative sentences.
- Use exclamation mark correctly.
Back to The mini course