Formative Assessment Project Page
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Course Direction
- 3 Your task
- 4 Unit 1- Formative Assessment What is formative assessment?
- 5 Unit 2- Formative Assessment in Practice What are examples of formative assessments?
- 6 Unit 3- Formative Assessment Design
Welcome! This course is designed to get you started on using formative assessment in your classroom. While many of you will have had some experience with formative assessment in the past, through this course we will develop a detailed knowledge of; what formative assessment is, how to use it to guide your lesson planning and what new formative assessment technologies are available.
We are going to start at the very beginning, and develop a definition and a sense of the differences between formative and summative assessment.After we have the definition settled we will move on to using formative assessment in informing lesson planning choices. Then we will look at formative assessment tools. The course is designed to include authentic examples of formative assessment, and to be very applicable to your personal classroom. You will ask your fellow classmates to give you feedback on lessons and units that you use.
- Students will be able to explain the difference between summative and formative assessments.
- Students will be able to understand ways in which using formative assessment is important to lesson design.
- Students will generate formative assessments to use in their own classrooms using the socrative app and google forms.
- You need to be comfortable navigating the internet, and using a computer.
- You need to understand how objectives are written.
- Participate in group discussion activities by giving and commenting on information posted
- Share information and experiences from your classroom
- Choose types of formative assessment to try in your classroom and share your experiences