Unit One: Understanding the Importance of Building Students' Media Literacy Skills
- Welcome to Unit One of Integrating Media Literacy Skills in a Secondary ELA Classroom!
Unit Objective: Participants will understand the importance of building students' media literacy skills and become familiar with curriculum-driven approaches to Media Literacy in a 7-12 ELA classroom.
Before you start lesson one of this unit, complete the following pre-assessment.
- Create a Google Doc in our mini-course folder.Media Literacy Mini-Course 2017
- Please label your Google Doc and all other files with your full name and assignment. (i.e. Stephanie Aquino Pre-Assessment). Please use double space, 12 pt Times New Roman font and 1" margins. Please remove all extra space between paragraphs.
- Watch: What is "Media"?
- Respond to the following pre-assessment questions in your Google Doc:
- What is media?
- Please describe the different kind of media that you know about. Which do you think is the most powerful? Why?
- Create your own question about media.
Let's proceed to our first lesson:Lesson One: What is Media and Why is it Important?
ETAP 623 Spring 2017: ETAP 623 Spring 2017
Portfolio Page: Stephanie Aquino's Portfolio Page
Mini-Course Homepage: Media Literacy Mini-Course Homepage
Lessons in this unit: