Unit 3: What forms of digital writing can I have my students create?
In this unit, you will focus on one specific form of digital writing for each lesson. For each form, you will explore multiple examples to learn the features and purposes. You will also reflect on the benefits, opportunities, and challenges of integrating these forms into your curriculum.
Participants will explore the characteristics and purposes of various forms of digital writing, including digital essays, websites, blogs, wikis, and digital storytelling.
- explore various platforms for creating digital essays
- learn ways to enhance essays in Google Docs with multimedia
- explore the features of web design
- learn ways to transform traditional writing projects into websites
- compare the composing processes of traditional and web texts
- learn the features and purposes of blogs.
- explore multiple uses for and examples of blogs.
- determine the features and purposes of wikis.
- identify ways of using wikis in the classroom.
- understand what digital storytelling is and why it matters.
- explore and reflect on examples of digital storytelling.
- determine which form of digital writing to focus on for their final unit/project.
- continue to develop their Project Planning Template.