Unit 1: Lesson One
Your first client meeting?
The first meeting with a new client sets the tone for all discussions moving forward. It is crucial that the client comes away from the first meeting with a strong comfort level that the event planner grasps all the ideas, concepts and the what is to be achieved from this meeting.
With the use of video, teachers can:
- Make the customer feel comfortable and confident that they have selected your venue for their event
- Discuss the purpose of the meeting
- Review who will be the attendees of the meeting.
- Review the budget that you will need to work with in
- Stimulate the development of critical thinking skills
- Determine the timing of all meetings and food and beverage
- Speakers/presenters (identifying, confirming, logistics & management)
- Provide visual representation to further understanding the clients needs
Some would say your job is to be a mind reader or perhaps have the power of reading a crystal ball.
The truth is you have to be a super sleuth to extract all the important ideas and visions from your client.
You have to be like Columbo and keep asking questions. The more questions you ask, the more details you will get when planning your event.
A client's Perspective
For this section, you will listen to what an actual client feels is important when they are planning a meeting.
Please click the YouTube link below to learn how to listen to your client.
- Watch How to start with the FIRST client to learn how to import your pictures. After viewing this video, click the back button on your browser to return to this page and proceed to Lesson Two.
Lesson One Tasks
Proceed to Unit 1: Lesson Two