Talk:Making Math Accessible
Eleanor's feedback 23:00, 7 May 2014
Will, I really like the topic of your mini-course. I was worried some of my past Math anxieties would haunt me, but dove in anyway! I wondered if any trouble shooting strategies would be similar for Math learning vs. language learning with regard to anxieties. Yes: Transferring/connecting-abstract to concrete...
What I like:
- clear examples to illustrate points
- visualization challenge
- segment on misconception v. mistake
- Lesson 2 Venn Diagram (graph-gram(?))--> Valuable teacher and student tool
- how you made great use of your right margin with text to read, interesting facts etc.
- video: I wouldn't have thought of pool/billiards and darts for Math lesson and fun
Next time you might consider:
- somehow condensing Lesson 2 sections; ie. for further study/reading: although different topics they may easily combine into one section
- bolding fonts by section or setting them apart by a different color font
- including more graphics/images