Jessica Tomas Mini-Course: Montessori Education
Return to: ETAP 623 Spring 2017 | Jessica Tomas | Jessica Tomas Mini-Course | What is Montessori Education and how does it impact student learning? | How can you implement Montessori Education in your classroom or your future classroom?
Welcome to Montessori Education! This course is an intro to Montessori Education. In this course you will learn about the origins of Montessori Education, what is Montessori Educations, why its methods are used in classrooms, and ways you can implement Montessori Education in your own classroom. This course will provide you with new ways to be a facilitator, and a link to learning. You will be using Chalk Up for class discussions. Before you begin, please create a Student Chalk Up account and register with our class. Directions for setting up a Chalk Up account are HERE.
Unit One: What is Montessori Education and how does it impact student learning?
- Participants will define Montessori Education with a written response.
- Participants will evaluate and modify a lesson to align with Montessori Education ideologies.
Unit Two: How can you implement Montessori Education in your classroom or your future classroom?
- Participants will design their own Montessori activity.
- Participants will facilitate a Montessori activity.
- Participants will evaluate the effectiveness of their Montessori activity.