Incorporating Ipad's into ELA Classrooms
Designed by Kyle Williams
Incorporating iPads into a first grade ELA curriculum will increase the students' motivation level and their participation level. The use of technology for students this age is something that will get the students excited for school. The purpose of this course is to help teachers set up and incorporate iPads into their first grade ELA classroom.
- 1 Learning Outcomes
- 2 iPad Curriculum Map
- 3 iPad pre-test
- 4 Unit 1- Creating an apple ID for the whole school
- 5 Unit 2- Ways iPads can be used
- 6 Unit 3- Apps that can be used in the class
- 7 Unit 4- Are the iPads working for my students?
- 8 Unit 5- Post test and feedback
- 9 Resources for iPads in the classroom
- After completing this course, learners will be able to do the following:
- Create an Education Apple ID
- Select the best ways to use the iPad in the classroom
- Select apps based on the needs of the students in their class
- Determine the level of success of the iPads and adjust the use of the iPads if necessary
Before you begin this mini-course, write down your thoughts of using iPads in a first grade classroom. What are the potential uses? What are the possible benefits? What are the possible drawbacks?
Take the iPad pre-test to test your knowledge on the iPad