Unit Three: Graphing
Now that you have gathered all of your data you are going to create a frequency table and histogram.
Lesson 1: Create Frequency Table
Now that you have created that you need to use a formula to calculate your data. Please open Frequency in a new tab by right-clicking. Then follow the directions to complete your frequency table.
Lesson 2: Create a Histogram
Creating charts (graphs) in Excel is really easy!!!
- Highlight your INTERVALS, hold the CTRL key, and highlight your FREQUENCY
- Click the INSERT tab, then insert a COLUMN chart.
Just like in class it is important that you include:
- An appropriate title
- Axes lables
Lesson 3: Formatting
There are so many different ways to format your graph!! The three main toolbars are as follows:
Other Formatting Tips
- You can easily format anything on the chart by right-clicking on ANY part of the chart and then clicking FORMAT DATA SERIES This will open a very easy to follow box.
- Histogram bars are always suppose to touch. Please make sure that you right-click on the bars and adjust the width.
- You can insert pictures into your graphs by either saving a picture or from clipart. Pictures in the background or in the bars can make it clearer to the reader what the graph is depicting.
Lesson 4: Finishing
- Now that you know how to create a histogram. Please create a cumulative frequency histogram.
- Please format this one appropriately.
- Please SAVE everything.
- Print out your workbook.
- Email me your project as an attachment.
On to Reflection on Excel
Back to Unit Two: Spreadsheets
Back to Using Excel for Statistics