Unit 5 - Strategy Integration Benefits
- Participants will demonstrate the construction of reading strategies by developing and creating one or more for immediate classroom implementation.
- Participants will generate the benefits for using strategies before and during reading by reading articles and developing strategies for implementation into classrooms.
- Participants will choose reading strategies, evidenced by using them during reading classes with learners.
During this course, you have learned only a few of the reading comprehension strategies that are available. There are many different reading comprehension strategies that have been studied by researchers. Today, you will read four articles that contain different strategies which can help your students improve their comprehension.
NOW IT IS TIME FOR YOU AND YOUR PARTNER TO WORK ON CREATING YOUR OWN COMPREHENSION STRATEGIES FOR CLASSROOM IMPLEMENTATION.
Follow these steps in order. Do not skip around.
- 1. Read the four articles.
- 2. You and your partner will choose at least one strategy that you learned during this course, along with one or more strategies from the articles that you would like to implement in your classrooms.
- 3. Using one of the books from the following website, construct the strategies and explain how you would implement them using the book that you have chosen. International Children's Digital Library
- In the discussion area, share the strategies that you constructed, state how you will implement them in your classroom, and state how they will benefit students.
- In the discussion area, also respond to the strategy implementation plans of two other teachers.
Click here to return to the beginning of the course: Promoting Reading Comprehension in the Early Grades