Unit 3: How You Can Make a Math Lesson on Collaborative Learning
1. Learners will be able to analyze the key components to a math lesson plan.
2. Learners will be able to create their own lesson plan that includes a collaborative learning strategy or activity.
3. Learners will be able to reflect on their lesson plan & other participates.
Task 1: Recap On Collaborative Learning
Welcome to Unit 3! You all have learned SO MUCH about collaborative learning and how you can make it an effective teaching strategy in your classroom.
Before beginning today's lesson, I want you to review what collaborative learning is by playing a short game on Kahoot!
Click Here To Play!: Kahoot Review!
Task 2: Lesson Plan Template
Today, you will be creating a lesson plan using the template I have provided on google classroom. This is under the classwork tab and the assignment is called, "Unit 3: Lesson Plan". You will create a lesson using the topic you shared on the discussion board in Unit 2. Before beginning your own lesson plan, I will walk you through what the template looks like & an example of a math lesson that includes a collaborative learning activity.
Task 3: Create your OWN Lesson Plan!
Now that you've reviewed what collaborative learning is and viewed an example of a math lesson that using a collaborative learning strategy/activity, it's time for you to create your own lesson plan!
- Here are the steps:
1. Please go to our google classroom page, Collaborative Learning in the Math Classroom.
2. Under classwork, click on the assignment, "Unit 3: Lesson Plan".
3. Once you open the assignment, click on file at the top left, click on make a copy, & create a name for your lesson plan.
4. Start creating your lesson plan. Remember to include a collaborative learning activity/strategy.
5. After you are finished, upload the lesson under the assignment, "Unit 3: Lesson Plan".
The example of the math lesson is posted on the stream if you need to look at it again.
Task 4: Reflection
After, you have completed your lesson plan, I want you to share your lesson with someone else! Each person will analyze someone's lesson plan and provide feedback. You will be able to reflect on what you've done and what you could change to make it even better.
- Here are the steps:
1. Please click on the following link: Lesson Plan Sign-Up Sheet
2. When you are on the document, please write your name and lesson topic.
3. Please select someone else's lesson to review and write your name in the slot, "Who will review your lesson plan?" and your email.
4. Check back later & see who selected your lesson plan. Please email them your lesson plan.
5. You will analyze someone's lesson by providing positive and negative feedback. This will help you reflect on how your lesson plan went and how you could make it better.
Task 5: Post-Assessment
You have completed the mini-course! Woohoo! I hope this course was effective and meaningful for you. It's now time to retake the assessment that I gave you before beginning the course! Let's see how much you have improved since day one. Thank you all for participating!
Click here: Post-Assessment