Unit 2: Box and Whisker and outliers
Box and Whisker plots are yet another way of representing data sets.
You will use data that you collected previously to calculate a five number summary, outliers, and the associated boxplot.
- If you chose Basesball use Team Salary
- If you chose Movies use Domestic Gross
When making your graphs, all numbers in these columns should be in terms of millions (ex. 53,876,345 would simply be 54)
1. On a piece of graph paper draw and appropriately label the Box and Whisker Plot, with calculations included.
You may refer to the following links for reference during this step
2. Now that we have a Box and Whisker plot to refer to it is time to come up with some questions. As a teacher I have found that I learned about topics the most when I had to teach them. You will now get a taste of this experience.
I want you to write a small quiz of five questions regarding your box and whisker plot as if you were going to assign it to the class. Consider the following when writing your questions
- There should be a mix of open ended and closed ended
- Mix them up. I don't want five questions about quartiles
- Use this as an opportunity to show off your knowledge
- You must also provide an answer key
Once you have completeted the above work, click the link below and go on to Unit 3