Unit 1 Lesson 1
Return to: Mini-course Home Page
Objective: Participants will be able to evaluate their technical competency upon enrolling in a short mini-course provided by Microsoft. They will then be supplied with a certificate of completion to show successful completion of the lesson.
Lesson 1 Instructions
- Complete a technical competency diagnostic at the following link https://mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/digital-testing-fundamentals-18665
- After the diagnostic has been completed please download the certificate and email it to your course instructor to indicate lesson completion.
- If course videos are too fast, you can slow down the pace by selecting the timer icon and clicking half speed.
- Course duration is about three hours. Be sure to allocate enough time to complete it in one sitting. You are free to take breaks as needed but the course must be completed in one day.
- After downloading your certificate, you can retake the course as often as you need to in order gain optimum technical competency.
- When downloading your certificate, you will be asked to enter your personal details such as your first name, last name and certificate number.
- Note that you only be allowed to download a certificate upon 100% completion of the digital literacy course.
- The digital literacy course will be conducted in a computer lab on campus as part of training when onboarding new employees.
Assessment – Reflection on your experience so far
- Write a paragraph on your experience while going through the course with Microsoft Word. While responding to the question consider the following sub-questions:What did you learn? What did you find interesting or novel? Were there any confusing concepts? Was the course administration user-friendly and accessible to you?
Go to: Unit 2 - Lesson 1