Talk:Tamara Niquette Portfolio
Instructor Comments on your analyses -- Jz833665 22:07, 7 March 2010 (EST)
Tamara, your initial work for this project is very impressive. Your analysis of the outcomes, context, the learner is very helpful for your next steps.
Re. the scope of your design:
* aim to inform teachers on the importance of integrating technology into the classrooms; * basic and advanced Microsoft Excel skills; * basic and advanced Geometer's Sketchpad skills; and * exploring how integrating technology can affect student motivation.
I suggest that your #1 AND #4 on the list be more closely tied to the two technological tools you've chosen. Also, you may want to highlight the pedagogical aspect of the tech use, such as focus on using GSP and Excel to support student inquiry and discovery of math principles and relationships.
Please work on your course-level objectives following what we've learned in Week 7.
Instructor's comments on your ICM -- Jz833665 14:36, 22 March 2010 (EDT)
Your ICM clearly lays out the objectives and their sequence. Nice work. A few suggestions:
- The Excel part (unit 4 and 5) can be dropped off if your time won't allow you to finish this whole design. You can decide. Creating 4 units is an enough amount of work.
- The unit 1 objectives could be more focused, e.g., by removing the first objective and focusing the last one on teacher selection and design instead of discussing the negative and positive effects (likely to be a long list)
- Your unit 2 may give a stronger emphasis on the pedagogical side of GSP as a inquiry/discovery-based learning tool. A pedagogical overview/understanding of it can be addressed before moving on the specific details.
- Think about if things like "open a program" really deserves to be a unit-level objective. I also expect that your unit 2 and 3 to address more of the classroom processes issues: how can these functions can be implemented in classroom to support student inquiry and thinking?