Talk:Integrating Technology in Mathematics
Instructor feedback on your mini-course -- Jz833665 12:13, 27 April 2010 (EDT)
This mini-course looks very informative and helpful. Nice work. Here are a few suggestions and you might be already working on some of these.
- Your introductory page (front page) may have a more welcoming beginning. Use a few sentences highlighting the topic and its significance, before taking the pre-test.
- "To begin the course, start with Unit 1 and proceed to the end of Unit 6. " Can some one choose to only study GSP if that is the only tool he/she is interested in?
- To reduce your workload and focus your energy, you may simplify your unit 1 to examples + teacher's role (without need to create your lesson 2 and 3). Up to you though.
- To enhance learner engagement, your unit 1 could begin with concrete examples, and then reflect on what roles the teacher needs to play in these contexts.
- When you design an activity like the following one, you could create a better flow by informing the participants the purpose, focus, and connections/transition.
Unit 1, Lesson 1 Activities 1. Read: From Teacher to Facilitator 2. Watch: Technology & Teaching