I am loving the set up and general organization of your course. You have included a lot of good information in a way that is easy for the learner to navigate. I love that you included graphics in all of your pages to really bring the eye to the page. This is a great course. I am going to be stealing some ideas from you! This is great!!!
-- jmchugh 23:59, 23 November 2014 (EST)
Growth Mindset Evaluation: Lesson 1: What is Mindset and how does it impact Learning?
· Learning Outcomes: Learning objectives are stated for each specific lesson on introduction page. These objectives are clear and match the ones on the lesson page as well.
· Content-goal consistency: Your goals and objectives match the content that your course is teaching.
· Instructional Sequencing: I think the sequence you have this lesson in makes sense. You start off with introduction to the idea of mindsets and support it through your videos and articles about it. You then follow these activities with having the students become engaged more trough the graphic organizer. And finally, a check-in from what they understood with the quiz.
· Engagement and Interaction: You have a lot of great interactions for your students from articles, graphic organizer, quizzes, quizlet, and videos. Your students have a lot of different ways to interact with the information and show their understanding. You have them print out that graphic organizer and record notes. I might suggest making it a template that they could type in so they could submit it. This would allow you to see their thoughts when they are done with this lesson and they could add more as the lessons progress and then submit it; whichever you are planning on doing and work best.
· Technical Quality: I was able to click on all your links, videos, and articles just fine. I would suggest referencing all of these sources at the bottom of each lesson.
· Extended Resources: Again, many great resources in this lesson!
instructor comment on your mini-course -- Jianwei Zhang (talk) 11:35, 1 December 2014 (EST)
Dorothy, you've created a professionally designed and presented mini-course. As your peers commented, this mini-course addresses the ID components (criteria of this project) successfully. Great job!
For further refinements, you may consider:
1) For each reading/video/audio, provide guidance to the learner by summarizing its focus/intent/key message briefly. 2) Your last lesson on best practices could be further developed to provide more elaborated examples of best practices to support a growth mindset. Especially, it will address the participant better if you can provide strategies for teachers to support such mindset in daily classroom life.