Talk:Developing Learning Communities Through Blended Learning Activities
-- ALEX DE KWELDJU 17:38, 26 November 2011 (EST)
You create great course. I wanna make sure that you course is fully online, right? I mean there is no face-to-face activities. I think Wiki has limitation in sending file and discussion. Therefore, perhaps we should find alternative place for assignment. What do you think?
I would like to suggest you to add link to course main page in every unit page, so we can directly back to main page.
Re: -- Suzanne Hayes 19:23, 26 November 2011 (EST)
Alex, Thanks for taking the time to look this over.
You raise a good point the limitations of a using wiki for hosting a course. My preference would be do to this in the college's LMS, but I chose this instead because I wanted everything in one place for this project. I was concerned that if I obtained a guest password for the LMS it would expire six months from now. This seemed to be the best solution for a permanent web site that will function as a demo course.
I'll add the home page to the navigation list. I was wondering if I should have included it.
Instructor comments on your course -- Jz833665 15:10, 28 November 2011 (EST)
Suzzane, Your mini-course has been beautifully designed. Great work. A few refinements you can further make:
- As a part of your course objectives, you may specify the primary audience of this course (e.g. mentors at your college?) as well as other readers who may benefit.
- Is it possible for you to find and use an example of online/blended course that has a focus on creating a learning community? Such example can be presented in the first unit and serves as a case to anchor student reading of the various materials you've provided, and also facilitate participants' efforts to create learning activities of their own in the end.
- Your unit 1, on learning communities:
- "of these two concepts of community," spell the two concepts out here.
- The characteristics could be presented as a bulleted list, like what you've done in your unit 2 on blended learning.
Re: Instructor comments on your course -- Suzanne Hayes 09:10, 7 December 2011 (EST)
I was able to make all of the suggested revisions with the exception of integration of the example. I need some time to develop a compelling one and to obtain permission from the instructor. 12/11/11.