Stop Bullying Now
Intent of Project
The intent of this course is to help both students and teachers to recognize the effect that bullying has in our schools. Both teachers and students will become more aware of the signs of bullying, the different types of bullying they may see, and how to prevent or stop bullying from happening in our schools.
Topics that will be covered in this course are:
- Why Children Bully; How to Recognize the Problem
- How does bullying affect children?
- What can we do to prevent bullying?
- What different types of bullying are there?
Learners will be able to:
- identify the different types of bullying they may see in a classroom/school setting. (Verbal)
- identify and describe/act out what the bullying cycle is and looks like. (Motor Skills)
- create and implement a plan using the information from this wiki on how to create a caring community in their classroom and stop bullying.
- work together to develop ideas of how they could prevent bullying from happening in the classroom. (Cognitive Strategies)
- by the end of this unit, use their knowledge about bullying to spread the word to end bullying. (Attitude)
Learners will be able to apply different outcome types to their learning to not only understand the topic, but to generate ideas and strategies toward it as well.
Assignments & Applying Your Knowledge