Stephanie Van Etten: Blended Learning
My Topic/ Purpose
Do you want your students to have their curriculum be individualize to their needs? Blended Learning is a hybrid that combines that best teaching methods of face to face learning and online learning. It is all about personalizing education! Start here... Throughout this course you will:
- Reflect on what the blended learning approach is all about
- Watch videos
- Interact with your classmates
I plan to discuss:
- What the blended learning approach is
- How to implement it in the classroom
- Intent of this course is to learn how to implement a blended learning approach in your classroom.
- Gathering Information To get a better understanding of the benefits of creating a blended learning approach.
- Analysis of the Learner and Context This course is designed specifically with the idea of a district that provides content providers (computer based program) along with individuals technology (Chromebooks, iPads, computers) to develop an engaging classroom with high success rates. This course is intended to implement a blended classroom.
- The learner will describe blended learning in their own words.
- Given various models of blended learning, the learner will examine how they can implement blended learning in their classroom.
- The learner will analyze the benefits to a blended learning approach in the classroom
- The learner will create an example of a blended learning approach model.
Unit One: What is Blended Learning Approach
1. The learner will define blended learning
1. The learner will observe and consider various instructional design approaches.
2. Examine examples of blended learning designs.
Unit Three: Blended Classroom
1. Develop an example of blended learning activity.
References and Resources
Wolpert-Gawron, H. (2012, October 22). Blended Learning: Behind the Scenes. Retrieved December 17, 2017, from https://www.edutopia.org/blog/blended-learning-behind-scenes-heather-wolpert-gawron
Jr, V. S. (2014, June 10). 4 Tips for Getting to Know the Blended Instructional Model. Retrieved December 17, 2017, from https://www.edutopia.org/blog/getting-to-know-blended-learning-victor-small
Wolpert-Gawron, H. (2011, April 28). Blended Learning: Combining Face-to-Face and Online Education. Retrieved December 17, 2017, from https://www.edutopia.org/blog/blended-online-learning-heather-wolpert-gawron
Blended Learning: Resource Roundup. (2014, May 19). Retrieved December 17, 2017, from https://www.edutopia.org/blended-learning-resources
E. (2014, September 11). Retrieved December 17, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzwH1mK2TY
Blended Learning: Week 3. (n.d.). Retrieved December 17, 2017, from https://teachingwithtech.lss.wisc.edu/m3w4.htm
Blended Learning: Week 4. (n.d.). Retrieved December 17, 2017, from https://teachingwithtech.lss.wisc.edu/m3w4.htm