See more 4
What is Silent Way?
1. Learning Theory
Cognitive Psychology is the basis. Learning occurs inductively -> Rule formation.
2. Language Theory
“Cognitive Coding” -> “Color rods” and “Fidel Chart”. L1 can be used for explanations.
3. Teacher & Students’ Role
The teacher is a silent facilitator of learning. Teacher’s silence gives the student responsibility. Only student-student can do learning.
- Teaching pronunciation with “sound color charts”
- Cognitive coding with color rods
- Peer correction to improve co-operative manner
- Self correction gestures
- Teacher’s Silence
- Structured feedback
- Fidel charts (For spelling)
- Word Charts (for vocabulary)