Jessica Kurtz's Mini-Course
Mini-course title: Incorporating Physical Fitness in the Classroom
Hi learners! My name is Jessica Kurtz. I will be your teacher for this mini-course. In the world we live in today it is hard to find a balance between education and physical activity. What if we were to include learning and physical activity together at the same time? I know. Crazy. Who knew that this combination could be so successful?
This mini-course is for elementary school teachers who are looking to get their kids motivated to learn and wanting to improve their students' learning.
How You Will be Assessed
Discussions: Here learners will be able to discuss the unit with their peers. They will be able to respond and learn from each other.
Journals: In the reflection journals learners will reflect on what they have learned in each unit. They will also be able to ask my questions. I will only be able to see the journals.
Lesson plan: This will not be graded, but looked at. Learners will create a lesson plan that incorporates physical activity.
Before we get started please go to Google Classroom and enter this code: nj56arg
1. Determine when it is necessary to incorporate physical fitness in the classroom and explain why it is important to incorporate physical fitness in the classroom.
2. Create lessons that incorporate physical activity during teaching.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of incorporating physical activity in every day lessons.
1.Learners will learn and explain why and when it is important to incorporate physical fitness in the classroom during lessons.
2.Learners will learn how to teach and conduct physical activity at the same time
In this unit, learners will be able to discuss with their peers, reflect in their journals on Google Classroom. They will also watch a video, and complete a Google Form.
1. Learners will be able to create lessons that integrate physical activity.
In this unit, learners will create a lesson plan integrating physical activity. Then they will reflect in their journal about creating the lesson.
1. Learners will reflect on the effectiveness of Integrating physical activity in the classroom.
In this unit, learners will reflect on the lesson they taught integrating activities and a lesson that does not incorporate physical activity. They will compare the lessons.