Integrating News ELA in the classroom: Lesson 5
Participants will analyze the new data received and compare it to previous data
Pre-requisities for this lesson
*Before this lesson, be sure to have the reading level of your focus students* *Before this lesson, be sure to have data collected before this assessment and the data *
- Take out the initial data that you gathered your focus students.
- Discuss: What were your initial findings? Explain
- Analyze your new data. This data should reflect the students' responses to an article that is on their personal reading level'
- Discuss: Did any students do better on the assignments that were tailored to their personal reading level? Did any students do the same or worse?
- Once you figure out the progress of each student, you are now ready for the final activity of this mini course
- After analyzing the data for each student, what would you recommend for this student? What will be your next steps?
- If a student did significantly better, keep providing them with documents that are on that reading level. After a few lessons, raise the reading level of the articles that you give them and assess their progress.".
- If a student does not perform well with a document that is on their assumed reading level, try lowering the reading level slowly until the student makes progress.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS MINI COURSE