Please take a moment to visit Caelynn's Portfolio Page, a work-in-progress for a mini-course aimed at helping educators use social networking sites in their classes.
- Alumni Programs Manager at Bennington College, Bennington, VT
- MS in CDIT Graduate Student at the University at Albany
- UAlbany: http://www.albany.edu
- My MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/caebird
Inspirations for this Mini-Course
- Social networking sites are rapidly increasing in popularity and I see bringing taking advantage of that established participant base as a way to take learning opportunities to the students, in a setting they are familiar with.
- Some of these sites offer types of interactivity and communication tools that functionally exceed those in contemporary online learning portals.
- This course should provide additional valuable information on how these sites work and what cautions should be taken when using them. Even if an educator does not use a social networking site in their class, they will be that much more knowledgable about these sites.
- Visit Caelynn's Portfolio Page to see the beginnings of this course.
Back to About Us