Talk:Alicia Fernandez Mini-Course
- 1 -- Nicole Miller (talk) 20:41, 7 April 2014 (EDT)
- 2 Great Job! -- Samantha Schwartz (talk) 08:38, 11 April 2014 (EDT)
- 3 Comments about Mini-Course-- Stephanie Jenkins (talk)
- 4 Jane's feedback on unit one and intro -- Janewilde (talk) 00:15, 18 April 2014 (EDT)
-- Nicole Miller (talk) 20:41, 7 April 2014 (EDT)
Alicia, I like the visuals on your page, it makes it interesting and easy to follow. On unit 1, I like the wordle you used and the information presented is informative for the learner. However, to create a more engaged lesson, you might want to think about adding an assignment or two to get your target audience thinking and working on the knowledge you want them to gain throughout the course. Looks great, you are off to a good start! Nicole
Re: -- Alicia Fernandez (talk) 20:48, 11 April 2014 (EDT)
Hi Nicole, Thanks for the words of encouragement. They helped me get the job done!
Great Job! -- Samantha Schwartz (talk) 08:38, 11 April 2014 (EDT)
Alicia, job well done! Your page is fantastic, colorful, and FULL of valuable information!!! You use many different modes of instruction and I really like that you have many visual items.
Re: Great Job! -- Alicia Fernandez (talk) 20:53, 11 April 2014 (EDT)
Hi Samantha, Thanks for the kind feedback. There may be a little too much info on the page and I have to go back and edit it. Considering the great graphics you have in your mini-course, I am pleased that you liked the ones I used.
Comments about Mini-Course-- Stephanie Jenkins (talk)
I really love how organized your mini-course is and how easy it is to navigate. Everything is right there and I know exactly where to look for what. I like the use of colors and other visuals. Great work so far, maybe some though=provoking assignments or discussion questions would add to the validity of the content for the learner. Nicely done!
Re: Comments about Mini-Course-- Alicia Fernandez (talk) 20:56, 11 April 2014 (EDT)
Hi Stephanie, Thanks for the kind feedback. I wanted the navigation to be as transparent as possible, and I appreciate your comments about it. Also, I will add more challenging assignments and questions in the following Units.
What I like/What worked well:
* Intro: course title, clear info about what to expect in course, nice picture, clear headings for each lesson, effective links, the arrow icons and your voice in the introductory paragraph. When you speak as if you are talking to the learner your presence is felt.
* Lesson 1: nice images,I like your use of side by side text and related images. These close proximity of the two help to elaborate each. Good resources, relevant meaningful activities, easy navigation.
What you might consider:
* Lesson 1:I encourage you to try to cut back on the text. It is a lot of words, and a bit dense. Or alternatively make headings bolder to chunk information,