Zhang Research Lab: Keynotes
Technology-Augmented Co-Creativity Lab (TaCCL)
led by Dr. Jianwei Zhang at the University at Albany, State University of New York
Keynote Addresses and Invited Plenary Talks
- Zhang, J. (May 2022). Infrastructure for Knowledge Building: Seed Questions and Ideas. Invited keynote at the Pre-Conference Workshop “Infrastructuring for Knowledge Building: A Workshop Synthesizing CSCL Perspectives”. Annual Meeting of the International Society of the Learning Sciences. Hiroshima, Japan. (Online)
- Zhang, J. (November 2021). Empower Student-Driven Creative Inquiry with Technology. Invited keynote address at the National Conference on Effective Teaching in the Age of Intelligent Technology (virtual), hosted by China Society of Artificial Intelligence in Education and Suzhou Education Bureau, Jiangsu, China.
- Zhang, J. (November 2021). Navigating Research in the Learning Sciences: What are we up to? Invited keynote address at the National Conference of the Learning Sciences (virtual), hosted by the Learning Sciences Division of China Higher Education Association. Qinhuangdao, China. （Video recording of this keynote in Chinese: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1zP4y1F7Bz/ ）
- Zhang, J. (July 2021). Redesign Classrooms as Creative Spaces. Invited keynote address at the National Conference of the Information Technology in Education (virtual), hosted by China Educational Technology Association. Fuzhou, China.
- Zhang, J. (December 2020). Group Creativity as a New Game for the Young Minds. Invited keynote address at the International Forum on Early Education Reform (virtual). South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China.
- Zhang, J. (October 2020). How to Transform Classrooms into Knowledge Building Communities? Invited keynote address at the National Conference on Thinking-Centered Instruction (virtual), Beijing, China.
- Zhang, J. (April 2019). Idea Thread Mapper (ITM): Support long-term collaborative knowledge building across classrooms. Invited presentation at the NSF-Sponsored Workshop: Digitally Mediated Team-Based Learning. Central Florida University.
- Zhang, J. (May 2018). It Takes a Social System to Nurture Creative Knowledge Work. Invited keynote address at the Global Chinese Conference on Computers in Education (GCCCE 2018), Guangzhou, China.
- This keynote was reviewed and highlighted in the following review article: Chen, Zexun., Wang, Charles X., & Zhang, Jingshun (2018). From “Innovation for Education” to “Education for Innovation”: The 22nd Global Chinese Conference on Computers in Education. TechTrends, 62, 548–551.
- Zhang, J. (May 2018). Try to Be Smart about Smart Education. Invited panel discussion in the Symposium on Smart Education at the Global Chinese Conference on Computers in Education (GCCCE 2018), Guangzhou, China.
- Zhang, J. (June 2017). Presidential Session: Quo vadis CSCL? Considering Directions for the Future of CSCL Research. Invited panel at the International Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL 2017). Philadelphia, PA.
- Zhang, J. (February 2016). Interconnecting the Knowledge Spaces of Different Communities for Sustained Knowledge Building. Invited Closing Keynote Panel “Challenges and Opportunities for Research and Design of Future Learning Spaces,” The 11th Chais Conference for the Study of Innovation and Learning Technologies. Open University of Israel.
- Zhang, J. (November 2013). Cultivate Creative Knowledge Practices through Principle-Based Design. Invited speech at International Conference of Computers in Education (ICCE), Bali, Indonesia, November 2013.
- Zhang, J. (July 2013). Using inquiry threads analysis to examine and support unfolding activity structures of knowledge building. Invited panel presentation at the Canada-US Regional Meeting of the International Society for Cultural and Activity Research (ISCAR), July 2013, Quebec City.
- Zhang, J. (July 2011). A complex systems approach to collaborative knowledge building for sustained innovation. Invited keynote address at the International Forum Summit on E-Learning and the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL 2011) Post-Conference Event, Shanghai.
- Zhang, J. (December 2009). Can a classroom operate as a dynamic creative system? Theme-based invited speech at the 17th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE 2009, Theme 2: CSCL/Learning Sciences), November 30 to December 4, 2009, Hong Kong.
- Zhang, J. (December 2009). Supporting collaborative knowledge building in cultural contexts. Invited panelist presentation (CSCL Practices in Schools in Asia) at the 17th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE 2009), November 30 to December 4, 2009, Hong Kong.
- Zhang, J. (August 2008). Discourse into the "intellectual heart" of a domain. In Open Learning: Increasing Participation in the Authentic Discourse of Domain, Invited panelist presentation at the Knowledge Building/Knowledge Forum Summer Institute. Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, August 4-8, 2008.
- Zhang, J., Scardamalia, M., Lamon, M., Messina, R., & Reeve, R. (October 2007). Sociocognitive dynamics of knowledge building in the work of nine- and ten-year-olds. Invited presentation in the Design & Development Award-Winners’ Session at the International Convention of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology, October 23- 27, Anaheim, CA.
- Zhang, J. (April 2006). Multiple approaches to educational research: The West vs. the East. Invited keynote address at the International Conference of the American Chinese Educational Research and Development Association, April 6-7, San Francisco, CA.
- Zhang, J. (2004). Using ICT to prepare learners for the 21st century: The perspectives of Eastern APEC economies. Invited speech at the APEC (Asia Pacific Economies Cooperation) Summit on Educational Innovation: "Striking Balance: Sharing Practice from East and West", January, Beijing.