Unit Two: Netiquette and Safety
1. Participants will research their own school policies on the use of social media for educational purposes, highlighting any issues that may hinder them
2. Participants will read the policies of each prominent social media site
3. Participants will create their own personal "netiquette" regulations for the use of social media for educational purposes in their classroom
Why is "Netiquette and Online Safety Important?
Please begin this unit by watching this [news broadcast] discussing why it is so important for teachers to use technology and social media appropriately and correctly in their classrooms.
After watching please research 3 popular social media sites privacy policies; being sure to make note any aspect that may make you feel uncomfortable using that site in your classroom.
You may move on to Unit Three after you have:
- added your discussion post about your schools social media technology policy
- responded or commented on another participants' school policy
- created and submitted your own "Social Media" rules for your own classroom