Unit Three: Strategies for Working with Students with Autism
Strategies for Working With Students with Autism
In this unit, you will learn a variety of strategies to use when working with students with autism.
Unit Learning Objectives
After this unit, you will be able to:
- List at least 10 strategies you can use when working with students with autism
- Provide examples on how these strategies could be implemented in your classroom
- Decide which strategies would be the most beneficial
- Decide which strategies would be the hardest to implement
1. Click on each link below to view tips and strategies for working with students with autism:
- Facts and Tips for Working with Students on the Autism Spectrum
- Strategies for Teachers Working with Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- 6 Strategies For Teaching Students With Autism
2. Create a poster that highlights atleast ten (10) strategies that could be used when working with students with autism. * On your poster, provide an example next to the strategy on how you would use this strategy in your classroom. For example, if you chose "Maintain consistency" as a strategy, an example could be to provide each student with a daily schedule.
- Feel free to use graphics and colors to make your poster visually stimulating!
When you are finished, please go to Unit Four: Creating a Lesson Plan
OR Click here to go back to course homepage!