Unit One: Scientific Literacy
- Learners will be asked to create their own definition of scientific literacy.
- Learners will predict how data intensive documents compliment scientific literacy
- Using your current knowledge of science, come up with a definition of what you believe it means to be scientifically literate. Think about what it means to:
- Understand Science
- "Do Science"
- Communicate in Science
- Share ideas in science
- Watch the following YouTube video and revisit your definition of scientific literacy. After watching the video, re-write your definition of scientific literacy and write down any questions you may have. Write your initial ideas for how data intensive documents play a role in scientific literacy.
Ticket out the Door
- During your learning activities for this unit you watched another video that demonstrated the different rungs of Blooms Taxonomy, as well as worked with some common geography questions. Can you determine a students ability from those two geography activities, what students may struggle with those types of questions? In what ways could you take those same questions based around the map and make them into higher-level questions for your students?