Unit 3: Create a Screencast/Video using Screencast-O-Matic
Create a Screencast
Steps to creating/recording a screencast with Screencast_O-Matic:
- Log into to www.screencast-o-matic.com.
- Open your presentation, webpage, or application that you would like to record.
- Press the "Start Recording" button to open the recorder.
- Once the recorder opens, set the recording dimension, (720p, 1080p, or full screen).
- Record your screencast, you can toggle between applications (e.g. - Web Browser, Presentation, Spreadsheet, etc.)
- End the recording. (Remember you have 15 minutes of recording time)
- Choose what you would like to name the recorded file
- Choose where you would like the file saved and in what format (e.g. - Uploaded to your YouTube Channel, as a Video File on your computer, or on Screencast-O-Matic's Uploads area of your profile, possibly in a Channel you created for it)
View my sample videos below, they demonstrate what your final product should look like.
- Can I save my recording as a video on the Screen-O-Matic site?
- Can I record in 1080p, 720p, and widescreen formats?
- Can I use an external microphone to record?