Unit 3: Assessment and Evaluation
Upon completion of this unit, participants will:
1. Understand assessment of online discussion activities.
2. Conduct peer reviews of discussion activities in this lesson.
3. Provide feedback for this professional development course.
1. Create your own rubric to grade your student's discussion activities. Here are several resources on student assessment to get you started:
- Bedard-Voorhees, A. (2005). Increasing Engagement for Online and Face-to-Face Learners Through Online Discussion Practices. The Cross Papers Number 8. Phoenix: League for Innovation in the Community College. .
- Edelstein & Edwards. (2002). If You Build It, They Will Come: Building Learning Communities Through Threaded Discussions. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, Volume V, Number I, Spring 2002, State University of West Georgia, Distance Education Center. .
- Roblyer, M. D. and Ekhaml, L. How Interactive are YOUR Distance Courses? A Rubric for Assessing Interaction in Distance Learning. State University of West Georgia. 
2. Post your completed rubric to the Angel Drop Box for peer review discussion activity. We will be discussing the project outcomes in the Discussion Forum for this Unit.
Post your reflection journal to the Angel course page.
Please take a few minutes to provide me with your feedback, comments, and suggestions for this professional development workshop. I can be reached at: Anne Canale Stalnecker.
Facilitating Effective Online Discourse Home Page