Unit 3: Assessment and Evaluation
Upon completion of this unit, participants will:
1. Understand assessment of online discussion activities.
2. Conduct peer reviews of discussion activities in this lesson.
3. Provide feedback for this professional development course.
1. Create your own rubric to grade your student's discussion activities. Here are several resources on student assessment to get you started:
- Edelstein & Edwards. (2002) Assessing Effectiveness of Student Participation in Online Discussions.
- Kleinman. (2005) Grading Rubric for Online Discussion Participation.
- Dringus & Ellis. (2005) Assessment of Student Progress in Forums
- Roblyer, M. D. and Ekhaml, L. How Interactive are YOUR Distance Courses? A Rubric for Assessing Interaction in Distance Learning  State University of West Georgia.
2. Post your completed rubric to the Angel Drop Box for peer review discussion activity. We will be discussing the project outcomes in the Discussion Forum for this Unit.
Post your reflection journal to the Angel course page.
Facilitating Effective Online Discourse Home Page