Unit 2: Registration for a Screencast-O-Matic Account and Discovering the application features
Steps to registering for a Screencast_O-Matic:
- Log on to www.screencast-o-matic.com
- Sign Up (Use your email address to register and you will receive "Welcome" message) [[
Image:Screen_Shot_Welcome.png|thumb|300px|center|Welcome Screen Shot]]
- Once you have registered, verify your account via email
- You will be prompted to download the Screen Recorder [[
Image:Screen Shot_Download_Recorder.png|thumb|center|300px|Download the Recorder]]
- You are now ready to record
Screen-O-Matic is a web-based Screen and Webcam Recorder. The recorder has a free version that allows the following features:
- 15 minutes recordings
- Screen and Webcam Recording (Screen Only, Webcam Only, or Both)
- Publish recording to YouTube
- Save video of recording
Screen-O-matic Intro Video:
Use these questions as a guide to test your knowledge of the information presented?
- How long can you record with the free version of Screen-O-Matic?
- Can you upload to YouTube?
- Can you save a video of your recording?
- Can you record screen and the webcam at the same time?
Once you have read through the steps and have the answered the questions go to www.screencast-o-matic.com and register for an account. After that's done you may proceed to the next Unit, Unit #2.
Image:Webcast-icon.gif|left|30x40px]]Unit 3: Create a Screencast/Video using Screencast-O-Matic