Unit 2: Registration for a Screencast-O-Matic Account and Discovering the application features
Steps to registering for a Screencast_O-Matic:
- Log on to www.screencast-o-matic.com
- Sign Up (Use your email address to register and you will receive "Welcome" message)
- Once you have registered, verify your account via email
- You will be prompted to download the Screen Recorder
- You are now ready to record
Screen-O-Matic is a web-based Screen and Webcam Recorder. The recorder has a free version that allows the following features:
- 15 minutes recordings
- Screen and Webcam Recording (Screen Only, Webcam Only, or Both)
- Publish recording to YouTube
- Save video of recording
Screen-O-matic Intro Video:
Use these questions as a guide to test your knowledge of the information presented?
- How long can you record with the free version of Screen-O-Matic?
- Can you upload to YouTube?
- Can you save a video of your recording?
- Can you record screen and the webcam at the same time?
Once you have read through the steps and have the answered the questions go to www.screencast-o-matic.com and register for an account. After that's done you may proceed to the next Unit, Unit #3.
Image:Webcast-icon.gif|left|30x40px]]Unit 3: Create a Screencast/Video using Screencast-O-Matic
References and Resources
Richardson, J. C., Besser, E., Koehler, A., Lim, J., & Strait, M. (2016). Instructors' Perceptions of Instructor Presence in Online Learning Environments. International Review Of Research In Open And Distributed Learning, 17(4), 82-104.
Paula Jones, Kim Naugle & MaryAnn Kolloff : Learning Solutions Magazine. (n.d.). Teacher Presence: Using Introductory Videos in Online and Hybrid Courses Retrieved December 14, 2016, from https://www.learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/107/teacher-presence-using-introductory-videos-in-online-and-hybrid-courses
Creating Instructor Presence. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/jmRGc8MRjNQ
8 Lessons Lessons Learned from Teaching Online Retrieved from https://youtu.be/Bp4BG4Me7TU