Unit 1: Lesson One
Your first client meeting?
The first meeting with a new client sets the tone for all discussions moving forward. It is crucial that the client comes away from the first meeting with a strong comfort level that the event planner grasps all the ideas, concepts and the what is to be achieved from this meeting.
With the use of video, teachers can:
- Make the customer feel comfortable and confident that they have selected your venue for their event
- Discuss the purpose of the meeting
- Review who will be the attendees of the meeting.
- Review the budget that you will need to work with in
- Stimulate the development of critical thinking skills
- Determine the timing of all meetings and food and beverage
- Speakers/presenters (identifying, confirming, logistics & management)
- Provide visual representation to further understanding the clients needs
some would say your job is to be a mind reader or perhaps have the power of reading a crystal ball.
A client's Perspective
For this section, you will listen to what an actual client feels is important when they are planning a meeting.
Please click the link to learn to listen to your client.
Lesson One Tasks
Proceed to Unit 1: Lesson Two