Turning Learning Upside Down: Planning a Flipped Classroom Lesson
Unit 1: Using a Flipped Classroom Approach
- State the definition of the flipped classroom approach
- List at least three beneficial characteristics of utilizing a flipped classroom approach
- Select appropriate content for a flipped classroom lesson
Unit 2: Planning the Pre-class lesson
- When asked “How is a pre class lecture is beneficial?”, the learner will state characteristics to engage students through the pre class video and reflection questions by selecting them from a list.
- When asked to plan a pre class lecture video, the learner will generate a storyboard, by composing a set of slides that includes text, images, and multimedia elements.
- When asked to plan a pre class lecture video, the learner will generate a script, by listing the important talking points for the lecture.
- When asked to compose a knowledge check, the learner will generate questions in writing, to promote student self reflection.
- Given a traditional lesson, the learner will generate a plan for a pre class lecture by developing a storyboard, script, and reflection questions.