Thinking Exercise 3
For this exercise, consider answers to the questions with a view toward creating a lesson for your students. You may post responses to the discussion page.
Look at the following lesson plan resources:
- Full text of the "lobster" lesson from Unit 1 (link opens a MS Word file): 
- Lesson examples on pages 2 and 3 of Krishnamurthy(2001) 
- Page 2 of Creating “Authentic” Materials Using Corpus Research by Nigel Caplan(link opens a MS Word file):
- Which of the ideas presented in the above examples do you think would work best with your students?
- For each of the concordance results listed in the examples (with "lobster" in the first one, "therefore" in the second, and "accident" in the third):
- Consider what level of learner could benefit the most from this information. How could you prepare it to benefit lower-level learners? more advanced ones?
- Think of at least one classroom or online learning activity that is not already described in the texts.