Teaching Problem Solving in Algebra using the Graphing Calculator
Click here for Buddy to tell you about this course!
In my experience, students struggle to pass the NYS Common Core Algebra 1 Exam. The graphing calculator can be used to help students solve a majority of the exam questions. This course will teach you about graphing calculator skills that can be used to solve common core algebra problems, and how to implement these graphing calculator skills into your teaching.
- Reflect on current teaching methods and set goals for this mini course.
- Identify different ways to solve common core algebra problems.
- Understand how to use the TI 84 plus graphing calculator.
- Determine which common core algebra problems can be solved using a graphing calculator.
- Describe the steps to solving a common core algebra problem using the graphing calculator.
- Implement graphing calculator skills to solve common core algebra problems.
- Construct algebra lesson plans incorporating the graphing calculator.
- Educational background in Mathematics
- Familiarity with Common Core Algebra 1 Curriculum
- Basic graphing calculator skills
- Desire to learn
Unit 1: Reflection & Goal Setting
Unit 2: Graphing Calculator & The Exam
Lesson 2.1: Graphing Calculator Skills
Lesson 2.3: Analyzing the Exam
Unit 3: Lesson Planning and Instruction
Lesson 3.1: Teaching with the Graphing Calculator
"Daily Routine." Daily Routine. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Math And Science Clip Art." Cliparts. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Teaching With Voki." Voki. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Types of Business Objectives: Qualitative and Quantitative - Babington Group." Babington Group. N.p., 27 July 2015. Web. 13 May 2016.