Difference between revisions of "Teaching Problem Solving in Algebra using the Graphing Calculator"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 12:58, 12 May 2016
In my experience, students struggle to pass the NYS Common Core Algebra 1 Exam. The graphing calculator can be used to help students solve a majority of the exam questions. This course will teach you about graphing calculator skills that can be used to solve common core algebra problems, and how to implement these graphing calculator skills into your teaching.
- Reflect on current teaching methods and set goals for this mini course.
- Identify different ways to solve common core algebra problems.
- Understand how to use the TI 84 plus graphing calculator.
- Determine which common core algebra problems can be solved using a graphing calculator.
- Describe the steps to solving a common core algebra problem using the graphing calculator.
- Implement graphing calculator skills to solve common core algebra problems.
- Construct algebra lesson plans incorporating the graphing calculator.