Talk:Michelle's Portfolio Page
Feedback on your ICM
- It is nice that you have mapped out the structure of your course, with objectives of each unit clearly identified. As you move along, you may want to elaborate pre-requisites/enabling objectives for the major units (e.g., Unit 2, 4), so that you can decide what you need to address.
- As well, unit 2 currently focuses on choosing a topic. As I understand, a major piece of webquest design is to turn a topic into a "challenge" or a problem that drives student thinking, not just study a topic. So designing the problem context should be included in this unit too.
- Unit 5 is not really "final thoughts" but about evaluation. You may refer to related courses from other colleagues (Valerie's Portfolio Page) so that you can save some energy.
- Susan is working on Webquest too. The conflict in topic is not an issue as this is such a rich topic and it would be great if you two can collaborate to design two courses focusing on different aspects/contexts.
Michelle and Jianwei: I will be working on my webquest course over break: My project is going to be geared to adult learners in workforce development courses: I developed a webquest for Job Portfolio activities: I am going to discuss evaluation of websites in my course, and will be referring to other courses as the assesment of a job portfolio could be linked to Valerie's page and if anyone is doing electronic portfolio's. I am sure we can work together to make our's different. Michelle my email is email@example.com
Re: Feedback on your ICM -- Suem48 18:16, 19 March 2008 (EDT)
Feedback on your objectives
1. State what a webquest is. 2. Research and find online resourse to use in their own webquests. 3. Generate a webquest for their specific content area. 4. Adopt inquiry-based learning through the use of the internet into their classroom.
Item 4 is a bit too broad and I'm not sure if your course on one model will enable this general goal.
Item 3 really has included 2, as finding resources is a part of designing a webquest.
I'm not sure if "generate webquest" here means to design the blueprint of it, or also includes facilitating/implementing it. If not, you may want to list facilitating/implementing...(e.g., the teacher's role in the process) as another goal, which is very important.