Talk:Davida Paniccia's Portfolio Page
-- Jianwei Zhang (talk) 14:45, 7 October 2014 (EDT)
Instructor comments on your instructional analysis and objectives
You've made productive progress in this design project!
Your topic addresses an important need, and the learning outcomes and performance-based objectives are clearly defined, guiding the design of this mini-course.
A few suggestions:
- Your needs analysis: I feel that this mini-course could address the need to teach for deep understanding (deep and productive reading), which is not emphasized currently.
- Your objectives copied below: I think that your #1 may focus on understanding what literacy circles are and how tech can help; the current statement is not so different from #4. Your #2 mentions technology: you may give examples of what tools you mean here.
- Classify the purpose of using effective literacy circles and technology influences in the classroom
- Identify examples of different ways to improve reading skills through the use of "book clubs" and technology
- Execute at least literacy circles effectively in the classroom
- Develop different literacy circles and explain how they are useful for the students learning in the classroom
-- Jianwei Zhang (talk) 15:06, 4 November 2014 (EST)
It's great to see your new progress made in defining objectives and conducting task analysis.
Objectives: Classify the purpose of using effective literacy circles and technology influences in the classroom What do you mean by "classify?" - explain, describe...?? Execute at least literacy circles effectively in the classroom Why at least? are there other methods that you will cover? Develop different literacy circles and explain how they are useful for the students learning in the classroom "develop" and "execute" do not seem to be that different: both are about implementation, right?
"explain how they are useful" seems to be the same as "the purpose" in your first objective.
My suggestion: you may refine your objectives focusing on: explaining how literacy circles work, understanding the potential benefits, choosing technologies to support literacy circles, and designing and implementing plans to facilitate literacy circles using technologies selected.
After refining your objectives, update sequence your unit level objectives accordingly. The current sequence of your unit objectives does not seem to follow a progressive sequence to address prerequisites first before addressing more advanced objectives.
UNIT 1: What is a Literacy Circle?
· To organize a literacy circle into their school curriculum (THIS IMPLEMENTATION-FOCUSED OBJECTIVE IS THE LAST/ULTIMATE) OBJECTIVE TO BE ADDRESSED)
UNIT 3: What are the benefits of using Literacy Circles with Technology connections in a classroom curriculum?
· Understand the benefits of using literacy circles with technology in the classroom (UNDERSTANDING THE BENEFITS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED IN YOUR FIRST UNIT)