Project-Based Learning with Inquiry and Growth Mindset
This course aims to help educators implement projects for learning that allow students space to use inquiry and trial where mistakes are expected and establishing a culture and system that treats mistakes as learning opportunities to improve students' understanding and success.
Learners will be able to:
- Explain the meanings of PBL, inquiry learning, and growth mindset
- Describe essential and beneficial elements of project-based learning
- Utilize project-based learning in lessons effectively
- Enhance their use of PBL with inquiry and Growth Mindset
- Learners will identify the benefits and challenges of PBL
- Learners will describe how inquiry and growth mindset can enhance PBL.
Lesson 2-Strategies and structures for PBL
- Learners will evaluate and critique lessons for best use of PBL
- Learners will select and utilize structures for PBL lessons.
Lesson 3-Integrating inquiry and growth mindset
- Learners will identify and suggest strategies to support inquiry and Growth Mindset.
- Learners will create productive guidelines and materials for inquiry tasks.
Lesson 4-Refining your own lesson
- Learners will create lesson plans that incorporate PBL.
- Learners will create lesson materials to provide guidance through projects and encourage a Growth Mindset