Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- List five reasons on why we may use multiple intelligences in the classroom
- Identify ways to use multiple intelligences in a lesson and across subject areas
- Incorporate one or more intelligences into a lesson.
This course is organized into two units. As participants work through the course, participants will be asked to:
- read various passages
- watch instructional videos
- reflect on their learning and their own classroom
- analyze case studies for effective strategies
- record responses to prompts in a personal journal (Please sign up for a free account at https://journalate.com/)
- write and deliver a lesson
Unit 1: What are multiple intelligences and why are they important?
Unit 1 Objective:
Participants will list five reasons on why we use multiple intelligences in the classroom and throughout lessons.
Lesson 1 Objective:
- Participants will identify the multiple intelligences.
Lesson 2 Objective:
- Participants will determine why multiple intelligences are important in the classroom and throughout lessons.
Unit 2: How do I use intelligences in my classroom and lessons?
Unit 2 Objective:
Participants will incorporate one or more intelligences into a lesson in their preferred subject area.
Lesson 3 Objective:
- Participants will determine the intelligences in their classrooms.
Lesson 4 Objective:
- Participants will identify activities that address multiple intelligences across subject areas.
Lesson 5 Objective:
- Participants will incorporate one or more multiple intelligences into a lesson.