Lu's min-course: Integrating Web 2.0 Tools into Social Studies Context
Integrating Web 2.0 Tools into Social Studies Context
Are you overwhelmed by the tidal wave of new Web 2.0 tools that are applicable for teachers and students? Are you struggling to find a appropriate and innovative technology tools to engage students in learning? How could teachers search a way to enhance teaching and learning process by integrating technology into classroom?
Our ongoing goal is not to use technology for technology's sake. Nowadays, all classrooms are equipped with an interactive white board ,desktop computer and overhead projector. They have access to Laptop cart for student use.However, most social studies teachers have problem with selection of the appropriate Web 2.0 application to support the current pedagogy and meet the instructional needs.This course is designed to provide social studies teachers with strategies to effectively capitalize on Web 2.0 in the social studies classrooms.
- Through this mini course, you understand what Web 2.0 is and how to implement it in the social studies classroom.
- You will explore the obstacles that teachers may encounter in the integration of Web 2.0 applications into their social studies classrooms.
- Some mini lectures and readings will also be presented.
- There will be some discussion after each mini lectures to keep you engaged.
- Finally, your task is to create a history lesson plan by using Wikis or Blogs to develop students' Historical Inquiry skills.
- participants will define key concepts about Web2.0 tools.
- Participants will differentiate Web 1.0 applications and Web 2.0 tools.
- Participants will learn how to implement Web 2.0 tools such as Wikis and Blog into social studies classroom alligned with NCSS Guidelines and Bloom's Revised Taxonomy for technology integration.
Unit 1 What are Web 2.0 tools?
Unit 3 Implementing Wikis/ Blogs in Social Studies classroom
Go to ETAP623 :ETAP 623 Spring 2016
Go to my portfolio page: Lu Gao