Lesson 2.3: Analyzing the Exam
- Determine which common core algebra problems can be solved using a graphing calculator.
1. Revisit the exam you chose in Task 3 and determine which problems can be solved using a graphing calculator.
2. Write down how you would solve the problem using the graphing calculator for each problem.
3. Watch this video: August 2014 Common Core Algebra Exam Questions # 1 - 5
In the discussion tab for this lesson, reflect on the following questions:
- The guy in the video showed a few ways to solve the exam questions, including using the calculator, could he have used the calculator any other ways?
- Are there more questions that could be solved with the calculator than you identified in Task 3?
- Do you feel that these graphing calculator skills could help students have better success on the Common Core Algebra 1 Exam?
- How would you like to improve your teaching practice using these graphing calculator skills?
Next Lesson: Lesson 3.1: Teaching with the Graphing Calculator
Previous Lesson: Lesson 2.2: Problem Solving
Back to Mini Course: Teaching Problem Solving in Algebra using the Graphing Calculator
"Streets and Traffic." Emaze Presentations. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Search Results for “calculator”." NGMN Graph RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2016.